Cake pops ♡


Although tomorrow I am gonna have a super important text, essential for my graduation, this morning I found some time to make some quick treats.
I don't know about you, but I love cake pops, they are so tasty and you can top them with a lot of different and yummy things. For example I used coconut flakes(shredded dehydrated coconut),   sugar sprinkles and grounded walnuts(but you can use any kind of nut you like).
Even the recipe of the "cake" is super easy, you just need 2 ingredients.

Ingredients for the cake:
-200gr of sponge cake
-125gr of creamy cheese(I used mascarpone, but I guess you can use even  unsalted Philadelphia.)

Ingredients for the topping:
-200gr of chocolate (I used dark chocolate because it melts and dries quicker than the white/milk one, but you can use any type of chocolate you like, just be careful not to make cake pops too sweet.)
-Anything you like: sugar/chocolate sprinkles, coconut flakes, grounded nuts, etc.

Method:
-Melt the chocolate(a bain-marie or using the microwave)
-Crumble the sponge cake minutely and combine it with creamy cheese. Make little balls, place them on a plate and put it in the freezer for 15/20 min
 -When the little balls are freezed, stick a stick in the center, dunk them in the chocolate and sprinkle on top what you want.
-Place them again on a plate and put it back in the fridge.
 






 Enjoy!

This entry was posted on Sunday 21 June 2015 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply